On June 6 2021, his excellence Yoweri Kaguta Museveni; President of Uganda made a state of nation address concerning the increasing rate of COVID-19 cases in the city and other major districts over the past 3 months. In his address, he touched on a lot of key items including both private and public transportation highlighting that all public means including taxis and boda-bodas were to be put on halt for 42 days while only cargo-carrying and tourist vehicles were allowed to use the road.
This lockdown is bad news for any business but at least tourists can still come in and explore the country using a registered tourist vehicle, unlike the first lockdown that shut down the airport as well any private transportation means.
However, if you plan on visiting Uganda for a tour and would love to hire a tourist vehicle in Uganda with a driver or drive yourself, here are some important guidelines to follow to be on the safe side of the law during this Covid-19 second lockdown.
- The tourist vehicle must be licensed by the Ministry Of Works & Transport.
- The tourist vehicle must be attached to a company registered under the Uganda Tourism Board (UTB).
- Tourists will have to carry detailed tour itineraries especially of they are crossing districts
- Tourist guides/drivers accompanying tourists must carry valid identification details including driver license & national ID.
- Tourists are encouraged to carry proof of payment for accommodation & tourist activity fees like park entrance fees, permits, lodge receipts etc.
- COVID-19 SOPs must be adhered to by both the tourist and driver focusing on mask-wearing, sanitization& social distancing
With that said, tourism in Uganda is still open to tourists both local and international and if both parties adhere to the above guidelines, then there is no doubt Uganda can still achieve 2021 tourism goals.
Are planning to visit Uganda or already in Uganda during the lockdown and would love to hire a tourist vehicle for a road trip to the park or any other destination, we at DK Car Rental will be more than happy to offer some of the best 4×4 cars for hire in Uganda along with well-trained driver guides at affordable rates To get in touch, simply fill in this short contact form or send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can call us now on +256-774071656 / +256-752429596 to speak with the reservations personnel.